Who doesn't love a one pot/pan dish? I know my hubby does (he does the dishes in the house, I know. I'm lucky! - I cook, he cleans.) Pretty awesome trade-off, I know!
This dish is so amazing. Tasty, easy, and relatively healthy. (I use relatively, because I think we all know deep down that white rice isn’t healthy, but we just can’t give it up!) If you don’t like the veggies or spices I use, mix it up. I know I do. This is one of those easily adaptable recipes that you can plan for, or just throw whatever you have in the fridge in it. It’s gonna be good no matter what.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- As much Italian seasoning as you want - you do you, I’m not here to judge
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 2 ¼ cup of chicken (or veggie) broth - note, if you use low sodium, there is a good chance it’ll taste bland, so be prepared to add more Italian seasoning
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 cup of of frozen peas
- Olive oil
- Season your chicken breasts and cook in oiled pan at medium heat. You want the chicken to be browned, but they don’t need to be fully cooked at this point. Pull chicken out and set aside.
- In the same pan, add rice, broth, and additional seasoning (if wanted). Mix so that all of the rice is covered.
- Add chicken breasts and sprinkle veggies around the pan.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes (until the liquid is gone).
Have you tried this recipe? Did you make modifications? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!