There is something about baked pasta. It reminds me of my favorite childhood dish my mom would make: baked mac and cheese. This is a slightly more mature version of that, taking all the yummy flavors of the classic Chicken Parmesan. And I've found the best gluten free brands to complete this recipe! Of course, if you don't have a gluten intolerance, feel free to use the gluten-full items.
- 10 oz of gluten free pasta (I use Jovial)
- Jar of your favorite pasta sauce - or make from scratch (about 25 oz)
- Two chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- 1 slice of gluten free bread - toasted and crumbled (I use Udi's)
Preheat oven to 350.
Chicken: season both sides of the chicken liberally with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook in oiled pan until cooked through. Remove from pan and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Pasta: Cook the pasta according to the box in salted water. Drain. Put back in pot.
Once the pasta and chicken are both cooked, mix the chicken, sauce, pasta, and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour into a 9x12 glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Then broil on high for 3-5 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.