I don't know about you, but I LOVE salmon. It's easily my favorite fish and I'm always looking for new ways to cook it. Something about fish and citrus just goes together well, too. And paired with peas...I know right?!...it's absolutely amazing. This is easily one of my current faves - and it helps that it's super easy to make too.
- Fresh caught Salmon - 1/3 to 1/2lb per person (try to avoid farm raised salmon if you can at all help it)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (for two peeps - more or less if you love or hate it)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 orange (or lemon)
- Set oven for 450
- Season you salmon fillets with salt and pepper, then rub half the garlic on the fillets.
- Once oven is ready, place the fillets on a lightly coated olive oil baking sheet, loosely cover with foil, and place in the over for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is in the oven, prep the asparagus by breaking off the ends
- After the 10 minutes, bring out the baking sheet (leaving salmon in place). Squirt half the orange (or lemon) juice over salmon.
- Set the oven to broil on high.
- Spread the asparagus out evenly around the salmon on the baking sheet, sprinkle peas and the rest of the garlic evenly on baking sheet, drizzle olive oil/salt/pepper over veggies.
- Place in the oven, uncovered for 8-12 minutes - depending on desire of doneness.