Six reasons I love my Day Designer
- I am able to visualize everything. As a photographer, my schedule can easily book up six months out. Not only that, but once I schedule a shoot, I can also schedule when I plan to send invoices, follow-up emails, reminder email; when I’ll edit, send the gallery over, order prints, and even blog the session. I’ve used so many apps, but nothing keeps be together like seeing it laid out on paper on a daily basis.
- Each day has it’s own page. I’ve used so many planners...and this is the only one I’ve come across that has a page for everyday. I use the schedule to block schedule my days and the to-do list to add the little things like, “order Christmas cards” to it. I always used to forget to do those little things…not anymore!
- At the top of each page are a few sections…the one I use the most are my “top three” for the day. These are the super important ones like: send a gallery over, magazine deadline, or important meeting. I usually add those a week out, so as I’m glancing through the pages of the days to come I’m reminded of the big things!
- It is sturdy! I’ve had it for three months, pack it with me everyday, and it’s still holding up! The cover is hard and the ring binder is strong.
- Each day has a motivational quote at the top. Sometimes I’ll read several days at a time because I love them so much. They help brighten the day.
- The bottom section of each day has a daily gratitude section - which is so awesome to write something I’m thankful for each day – and a notes section which I usually use to schedule my photography social media posts.
The Day designer is great because you don’t need to customize it at all – but it can very easily become customizable like I use it. I’m 100% hooked. This was the busiest year photography-wise I’ve ever had – I needed something serious to keep me organized. I seriously don’t think I could have gotten through this busy season without it. Now is the perfect time of year to add a little organization in your life. Get yours here.